Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Day The Slipper Floated With Me

It's one of the most amazing incident in my life, and holds a very high place in my mind. I always reminds it.
Actually, it was an incident when I's in 6th or 7th standard. I'd went to watch Border movie. I's with my mom's brother. We went through the short cut way through the marshy fields in our city. We reached the theatre on time. And then the dhakka-mukki happened to take the ticket. Every one pushing each other, and in between, I felt like being made a pista-roll. And then I fell down in the crowd. But my mama take me out and got two black ticket. It was slightly bleeding too.

We went inside the theatre and watched the movie. It was a splendid movie, worth the price I'd paid for. But after coming out, it'd already been 9.30pm. And the rain came down heavily. We waited inside the theatre till 10.30pm. One mind was telling that lets get inside the theatre and have a look at the movie again rather than standing here. But I feared my mama. I just obeyed his order.

We waited for some time, and then he told we should go now. In that heavy rain, we were walking fast, but our house was also more than 3kms ffrom theatre. I's trambling, my mouth was chattering, but I was walking hard. Surely, we were badly wet, and the dogs started barking in the night. At least those dog should be inside, what're they doing in the rains. But where they will go, they have no place to reside.

Finally we reached Williams town, and then we took the wrong way for a rainy day. Actually, near our house a narrow river flows, and after its border, we've muddy road fron a very nice height to the river. As expected, as I put my leg in the muddy area, I slipped and my slipper got out of my leg, and floated with me. But at the end, the slippery end, and I landed in the fast-flowing river.

But luckily for me, I's normal, and I ran and crossed the river, not even looking back for my slippers and mama. Because I feared snakes and many reptiles in the river. I stopped after reaching home. My mama followed me. We're welcomed by an anger eye. My father was very angry of me of going to theatre, and the rain had added to the pain.

But he remained normal, since my maama was with me. And we finally changed our clothes, and then went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment