Friday, October 22, 2010

The Day I Feared Most



























                          You'd say why I would fear a station. But stations can be fearry sometimes, if something happens. It was the month of novemeber, and I'd already had a real hasty week, but i's happy to be going to home back for my birthday.I woke up early, went to bus stand, then reached the Saharanpur station by 9o'clock, with another two and a half hour left for train to arrive, Akalthakht Express. I waited for the train, and bought a book, nono other than Chetan Bhagat's "Five Point Someone".


After sometime, i felt that there were so many muslims around me, i don't know why. i'd gone from the train many a times, but i'd never seen so many muslims in the station. They were talking with them, discussing among themselves. You know it perfectly give you the picture of GADAR Cinema. I started fearing, my heart beating hard. To the trouble, my train became 6 hours late, due to the strike in Punjab, due to the Dera Sacha Sauda Act. I'd surely chosen a very wrong time for my journey back home, but I sat there between them. but after sometime, i feel really a need for going out of the scene. So, I went outside the station, but i'd my bag with me which had laptop in it, so i always feared a journey. But adding to the probblem, I saw the list of robbers in the station. they're more than 100 of them, and all look alike and normal people, so how to believe any one.

But anyhow, ispent 6 long tedious hour outside the station, and when i entered the station, it announced that Akalthakht express is entering in the platform no.5. Means time less to catch the station. So, rather choosing the bridge way, i took the shortcut through the train lines, but the problem was Sri Ganganagar Express, which was standing on platform no. 4. As i entered the train premises to go to the other side, a mob of people pressed me hard and send me back to the centre of the bogy. After so much pressing, I's able to come to the gate of the train when the train gave the horn. So, I jumped back to the station. my heart was aching so hard, i thought I'd be dyeing in the station there only.

But the problem was not yet over. The station was still filled with so many muslims. And to the contrary, everyone was there to catch the same train. The complete train was overfilled. I just was able to pick my seat, and slept there, giving a long sigh. I always dreamt if a small fight occurs now between anyone, it can just changed into a blood riot. But nothing as if such happened, actually they were mostly from our area to meet there holy gurus, and many of Bnegali family comes to Deoghar to sea their Guru, in Satsang ashram. Now, i's cooled from then. Actually, this was just in my mind. How can I thought such like when I myself have many great muslim friends like Faraz, Feroze, Zaved. It's just the impact the movies create in your mind that you started to act such like as the director let you think.  

To add to my trouble, train became 24 hour late. And as we enter the Naxalite area of nargango, and Jhajha, it was nearly 3o'clock in the morning, and as I opened the gate, I feel like a bullet would be coming towards me in the dark. So, I closed the door, and just waited there, because i 'd a habbit of sleeping if i got little time of little rest. So, I remain standing in the door, just enough away from the door.

Finally, my station came, and I saw my mom's cheerful face, coming towards me, and when she saw me, she'd tears in her eyes. She'd waited for me for the last 26 hours without sleeping. This is a real great feeling after reaching your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment